Skip to main content

Andrea Martin - Breaking Of My Heart (Lyrics)


Here's my story behind this song and its lyrics:

I came across this song by total chance (via a remix made in 2013) and I was completely hooked. I hadn't heard of the singer Andrea Martin before, so obviously this song was unfamiliar too. But something about it drew me in and this is all I listened to for the past couple of days. I wanted to know the lyrics and googled it... and I couldn't find anything.
There are lyric pages under this song title but it's completely wrong, probably a different song or something.
This was a rare occasion in which Google failed me, and I was completely baffled. I'm guessing this song wasn't very well known if the lyrics were this hard to find, but still. Anyway, so for the handful of people in search of the lyrics like me, I've tried transcribing the song myself. Some parts weren't very clear so I just wrote what seemed reasonable, but they can totally be wrong. If anyone could provide the offiical lyrics that would be fantastic, but I'm not betting on it. :( Here goes:



No special reason why we can't get along
You say you love me but still I'm hungry
You say you're better
though in thought it isn't getting me anywhere

There's a million sad songs that I can join in
But I never thought that I had it coming

It's the breaking of my heart
that's just telling me to go
If being faithful is wrong for one day
then I think I better go

No happy ending
If I said that you were wrong I'd be pretending
You say to leave her
but in my heart I know I'm giving you the reason

There's a million sad songs that I can join in
But I realize that I have had it coming

It's the breaking of my heart
that's just telling me to go
If being faithful is wrong for one day
then I won't stand in your way
x2

It's like harmony has got the hold of me
I need memories of being cold to me
Give me a reason why you are leaving
What's to believe in why you're cheating

They say it's the breaking of my heart
that's got me going crazy

It's the breaking of my heart
that's just telling me to go
If being faithful is wrong for one day
then I think I better go


Hopefully I got most of it right. And now this has sent me on a spree of listening to old-school R&B. :D

Comments

  1. Thank you for trying. I've loved this song since I was very young, but of course never knew who it was by or even the title. So it has always been stuck in the back of my mind and on random occasions I find myself singing or humming to it and have tried to type into Google the few words I remember, but always came up with nothing. Was so fortunate to come across it being played by someone I follow on snapchat a day ago, but she's not my friend so there was no way to contact and ask her. So I recored her 2 stories and as a last ditch effort sent it to a friend of mine who loves golden oldies! I figured if he didn't know it, then I'm doomed. He went to follow the girl to listen to the song and said he knows it and would get back to me with the artists name. When he did, I quickly went onto youtube to listen to it and I just cried. :) I too am sad there are no lyrics of it anywhere, but at least it isn't a complicated song to understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The things we do to find out song titles, right? XD I'm so happy you finally found it, and yeah it's a shame that this wasn't such a big hit to have its own official lyric page somewhere.

      Delete
  2. love this song it makes me think of my Wife and how i have broked her heart over and over , and i just regret all my duings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this.. I fell in love with this song back in high school, when I was introduced to her by friends. I never thought though that it would have so much meaning into my life like it does now... Except he didn't cheat, he's just emotionally unavailable 💔

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this... haven't heard this song in eons,then boom there it is with lyrics too!!! The beat kinder reminds me of CeCe Winan's On That Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just listened to On That Day for the first time and you're right! Thanks for recommending. :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you, all over the internet the lyrics are wrong..

    Yay Finally 💙

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Karaoke in Korea: Step-By-Step Instructions

Korean/Japanese karaoke is completely different from the karaoke you might be accustomed to. For one thing, it's not done in a bar; it's an individual room you get to yourselves (the group you're with) so the singing is not done in public for everyone to see. It's popular among kids and teenagers as well as adults - so though we Koreans are used to singing sober, I've heard a lot of foreigners say they'd need to be tipsy at least, if they ever wanted to try such a thing. :D And of course, it's something you would never be able to do alone (though I have gone by myself a couple of times LOL). Now, if you can find a Korean who is willing to take you to karaoke, that's awesome. But what if you're with your friends visiting Korea, and you really want to go try, but you don't have anyone to guide you and you can't speak Korean? It would be a complete shame for you not to experience one of the ultimate Korean pastimes before you go! Even if you

Brazilian Wax in Korea at [Beauty Friends Gangnam]

A girl's first bikini wax, let alone Brazilian, can be quite daunting. If you're well aware of the sensations from plucking your eyebrows, or have tried strip waxing on safer areas like the legs or arms, you would surely be intimidated by the mere thought of having that exact sharp and prickly pain brought upon your most intimate area, where the skin is much thinner and super sensitive. That being said, I have no idea what I was thinking when I went for the all-nude Brazilian wax instead of going for standard bikini on my first try. But anyhow, since I've got my first experience out of the way, it doesn't seem like such a big deal.