Skip to main content

Brazilian Wax in Korea at [Beauty Friends Gangnam]

A girl's first bikini wax, let alone Brazilian, can be quite daunting. If you're well aware of the sensations from plucking your eyebrows, or have tried strip waxing on safer areas like the legs or arms, you would surely be intimidated by the mere thought of having that exact sharp and prickly pain brought upon your most intimate area, where the skin is much thinner and super sensitive.


That being said, I have no idea what I was thinking when I went for the all-nude Brazilian wax instead of going for standard bikini on my first try. But anyhow, since I've got my first experience out of the way, it doesn't seem like such a big deal.

Prior to this big day I had usually opted for trimming. I had tried shaving a couple of years ago and did not like it at all; the itchiness and ingrown hairs nearly killed me and I vowed never to do it again. Keeping my pubic hair neat and short seemed suitable enough of an alternative - a big plus of any type of grooming at all being that my periods were a lot cleaner and easier to maintain. The only reason my mind even wandered to a Brazilian is a passing remark my boyfriend made about his preferences. It wasn't the slightest bit pushy or demanding, but everyone probably has that one thing they go the extra mile for to make their partner happy. I wasn't going to shave, hence a short online search for wax shops near my office and voila! I had found the perfect place with reasonable pricing, and made my appointment through Kakao Talk straightaway.

Korea is not so big on grooming pubic hair, to my knowledge. Most Korean girls actually find it a bit humiliating to be seen without any pubic hair in public showers and such. Heck, there are even clinics that transplant hair to your pubic area, too, so you could cover up this "abomination" in the form of a bare vulva. So yeah, I would think it's safe to say bikini waxes are not so common around here. Prices for a Brazilian ranged from 60,000 to 120,000 KRW per session, which I was willing to pay... and then I found a shop that offered Brazilian waxes for 40,000 KRW per session, for a 3 session package! And it didn't look shady or ghetto either!

Beauty Friends has three branches - I went for the one in Gangnam because it was closest to work. It's close to Sinnonhyeon station, but since it was easier to get off at Gangnam station for me, I had to walk about 15 minutes from Gangnam station exit 11, which wasn't too long of a walk. Booking an appointment was super easy: I made my inquiry through Kakao Talk and finished in about 5 minutes after providing my name and phone number. On the day of my appointment they sent me a thoughtful text message reminding me not to be late, along with their address and detailed directions.


The shop is located on the third floor, and seemed clean and pleasant enough. I was brought to a private room with a shower booth installed, so I could clean myself and change before ringing a bell for the aesthetician to come in and begin. A cute and rather large stuffed animal was waiting on the bed for me, which made me apprehensive a bit because how painful was it if you needed to hold on tight to something like that?


As for the procedure itself, I would say it was bearable. I was totally unprepared when it actually started and gave a weird spasm of surprise, but once I received a warning in advance and had time to mentally brace myself, it really wasn't bad. What did hurt was the innermost area, as well as when she plucked the individual hairs that the wax had missed. However, it wasn't so painful as to never go for it again - I happily signed up for the three-session package when I was done.

Before I left, I received instructions on how to care for myself for the next few weeks, and purchased some salt scrub (12,000 won) to keep myself exfoliated. Apparently, exfoliating is important to prevent ingrown hairs, so I've been scrubbing religiously every two days. I think I've done pretty well so far; there were about two blackheadish thingies which sort of seem like ingrown hairs, and I wasn't supposed to but I just squeezed them out with my fingers, to my immense satisfaction. It was almost as fun as watching Dr. Pimple Popper videos.

The results were nice and smooth and clean, obviously. I felt a bit awkward at first (looked like chicken skin if you ask me), since I'd never been completely hairless before, but now I'm pretty much used to it. The newly grown hairs are much finer and less noticeable, so they don't bother me much. I'm supposed to wait 5 more weeks before I can go for my next session - I'm not exactly looking forward to it but I think it won't be so bad to do this regularly!


For those who can read/speak Korean, click here to be directed to their website!

Comments

  1. Gaming, betting or showcasing of games Online joker123 game list club today still enable people to comprehend and access and how to mess around effectively, and obviously, everything is mindful and not very muddled. https://anaestillwell.doodlekit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunate number blends involve individual inclination, however. A few people incline toward numbers SunshInecoastServices that are anything but difficult to track down. Others lean toward numbers that have uncommon importance to them. For example, a few people accept that five and seven are fortunate. Be that as it may, others pick numbers dependent on the implications they partner with them.
    https://www.sunshinecoastservices.com.au/mumbai/entertainment/kbc-lottery-winner

    ReplyDelete
  3. marketing Strategy is not something that is learned in a classroom or a situation textbook. promotion strategy is actually a comprehensive, long-term, article source
    proactive way in and a game scheme of any business or company taking into consideration the ultimate point toward of reaching a competitive edge by knowing the desires and needs of consumers. publicity Strategy is the art and science of knowing your audience, concurrence their needs and maximizing the use of comprehensible resources to attain them. It is virtually the press on of an concurrence in the midst of you and the customer that guide to a win-win business for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In many cases, in imitation of you start happening a supplementary business, you don't know how much grow old you will have to dedicate to your business. But if you choose to become an SEO freelancer in Edinburgh, you will be vigorous approaching your concern for and no-one else a couple of days a week. But during that time, you will be energetic difficult for that reason that your website will get high ranking on search engines.
    The additional advantage of becoming a freelance SEO expert in Edinburgh is that you can get your own play as well. If you enjoy creating websites, you will adore the unintended to realize it from home. You will be adept to spend more get older in the manner of your relatives and friends and you will have more grow old to spend upon your business. consequently for you, subconscious a social marketing skillful in Edinburgh is definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep your net carbohydrates below 50 grams best weight loss supplement a day. even even if consuming more carbohydrates would retain you acquire weight, it will besides kick you out of ketosis. To stay occurring on the keto diet, you have to keep your carbohydrate intake low.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Promoting technique is really a complete, long haul, proactive methodology and a blueprint of any business or organization with a definitive target of arriving at a serious edge by knowing the longings and necessities of purchasers. Advertising Strategy is the workmanship and study of knowing your crowd, understanding their requirements, this page and augmenting the utilization of accessible assets to contact them. It is about the improvement of comprehension between you and the client that prompts a mutually beneficial arrangement for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marketing strategy is actually a comprehensive, long-term, proactive approach and a game plan of any business or company with the ultimate objective of reaching a competitive edge by knowing the desires and needs of consumers. Marketing Strategy is the art and science of knowing your audience, understanding their needs and maximizing the use of available resources to reach them. best digital marketing Certifications It is about the development of an understanding between you and the customer that lead to a win-win situation for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It used to be that each page on your site required META labels to rank well. Those are little bits of code that would give official source Google a rundown of catchphrases and a portrayal. look at this The web index would put together itself with respect to those to discover what your site was about. Presently nonetheless, those don't influence your positioning by any means. Both Google and Bing quit thinking often about META labels to record locales. Nonetheless, they are not pointless. For instance, your portrayal label will be the content that frequently shows up close to the connection that appears on the output, so it's as yet a valuable slice of the pie.
    Back in the dotcom days, it used to be that the URL you utilized was vital. Google put a ton of significance on the area name, and in the event that you could get a name that had your watchword in it, you would acquire a major preferred position over different locales. This is the reason a great deal of organizations in the last part of the 90s purchased area names for a ton of cash. In any case, presently, the ordering interaction just glances at the real substance of your pages, and not the area name. That name is as yet significant, on the grounds that individuals actually will see it, yet it won't make you rank higher.
    The construction of your page is seen by Google and different motors, yet you need to understand that numerous locales are organized in an unexpected way. Accordingly, nobody explicit tag has more an incentive than another. A H1 tag is essentially a header that compares to a CSS passage all together more bonuses for the client to see your page a specific way. official site It doesn't make Google rank your page any distinctively on the off chance that you use H2 labels all things considered, or if your watchwords are for the most part in the content and not in a particular CSS tag.
    A few locales attempt to connection to numerous other high power destinations to help their rankings, however that doesn't help by any means. Google utilizes PageRank to choose how your site will rank, and that calculation depends on how helpful your site is to other people, and as such it will just glance at the number of others connect to you. Regardless of whether you interface back to them is of no significance. Something else, any site could raise to the top just by connecting to a large number of locales, which isn't the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Painting involves engagement and attention to detail. If you want to paint the outer wall of the second floor of the house, it may not be easy. The paint company has the right tools or equipment, not to insinuation the training to acquire the job the end efficiently and safely. useful source

    ReplyDelete
  10. I highly appreciate your work.

    Click here

    ReplyDelete
  11. When employees at every levels of the visit our website meting out are sufficiently involved, engaged, and full of zip more or less their put it on and organization, the employees of the paperwork will participate. Dedicated employees are willing, capable, and create practical contributions to the attainment of the company. you can check here

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here you share more useful information with us. I have some more knowledge for you just follow Check my blog . I highly appreciate your work keep it on and stay on your path. I know this is very valuable information for us, for share this kind of information has a piece of good knowledge on it. Thanks for share this kind of knowledge with us useful information follow this this content .

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fact that not many people know. Simple activities like flossing and brushing your teeth regularly are time consuming and even neglected by many people due to their busy schedules. Here are some reasons why dental health is important to everyone.anchor

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many public health systems operate independent public health dental activities. These activities vary in scope and scale in each state depending on the requirements of the population.see it here

    ReplyDelete

  15. The Single Ink print mode permits a doc to be printed in a single particular colour utilizing any chosen foil colour cartridge. browse around these guys When you choose Single Ink mode, all selectable cartridges are proven with radio buttons within the Choose Cartridge(s) space. The default cartridge choice is Gold Foil.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Allow your arms to rest at your sides, Discover More palms confronting lower, fingers freely separated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wax melt bar I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merchandiser: Merchandisers assume a key part in the creation interaction of a design product.They are answerable for Effessempire purchasing unrefined components for creation, choosing texture, materials and trims.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 3001-15 Usb 3.0 Spectra is variety of Icron products. We specialize in hard to find products. Buy Mfg. Part: 3001-15, SKU: EN04LGAN89. Call Now!. We carry wide variety of current and lagacy products. We specialize in hard to find products. With over 4 million skus we are confident you will find what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  20. At Modern Watch Box, you’ll find cases and boxes for Luxury watch box your watches that feature glass tops, solid wood, ultra-soft watch pillows that compress to fit any band size, and magnetic closure systems to ensure your watches stay safe when not in use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Karaoke in Korea: Step-By-Step Instructions

Korean/Japanese karaoke is completely different from the karaoke you might be accustomed to. For one thing, it's not done in a bar; it's an individual room you get to yourselves (the group you're with) so the singing is not done in public for everyone to see. It's popular among kids and teenagers as well as adults - so though we Koreans are used to singing sober, I've heard a lot of foreigners say they'd need to be tipsy at least, if they ever wanted to try such a thing. :D And of course, it's something you would never be able to do alone (though I have gone by myself a couple of times LOL). Now, if you can find a Korean who is willing to take you to karaoke, that's awesome. But what if you're with your friends visiting Korea, and you really want to go try, but you don't have anyone to guide you and you can't speak Korean? It would be a complete shame for you not to experience one of the ultimate Korean pastimes before you go! Even if you

Andrea Martin - Breaking Of My Heart (Lyrics)

Here's my story behind this song and its lyrics: I came across this song by total chance (via a remix made in 2013) and I was completely hooked. I hadn't heard of the singer Andrea Martin before, so obviously this song was unfamiliar too. But something about it drew me in and this is all I listened to for the past couple of days. I wanted to know the lyrics and googled it... and I couldn't find anything. There are lyric pages under this song title but it's completely wrong, probably a different song or something. This was a rare occasion in which Google failed me, and I was completely baffled. I'm guessing this song wasn't very well known if the lyrics were this hard to find, but still. Anyway, so for the handful of people in search of the lyrics like me, I've tried transcribing the song myself. Some parts weren't very clear so I just wrote what seemed reasonable, but they can totally be wrong. If anyone could provide the offiical lyrics that woul