Skip to main content

Colin Firth = Sexiest Man Alive


New background picture. I haven't fan-girled over an actor in years! Makes me feel so young. :D

So I just came back from watching Kingsman with my mom and aunt. I could see why all my coworkers were gushing over him and telling me I had to watch this film. The genre really isn't my type; I don't like spy movies or action and all that (especially the kind of movie where the main character fights three gazillion people and doesn't even get fazed), but I have to admit this was FUN! The music, the actors, the story - which got a bit confusing at one point - were all exciting, funny, and got my adrenaline pumping. The suspense kept my palms sweaty for more than one scene, and when the movie was all over I felt I'd laughed and squealed away a considerable chunk of my stress.

And Colin Firth. When did he get so hot? I thought he was okay at best, a bit dull for my type in Love Actually, The King's Speech, Mamma Mia, Pride and Prejudice, Bridget Jones... but I never thought of him as this sexy until today. Maybe it's because of the role he played. But mostly, I think he's the type of actor who gets more attractive with age. That, and he looks incredibly classy in a suit.

Hmm... now that I think about it, all the actors I'd ever found really attractive are all on the older side. Vincent Cassell. Kevin Spacey. Anthony Hopkins. I'm not sure why, though a part of me thinks I'm looking for what's lacking in my own father, both physically and mentally, if that makes any sense. Maturity and sophistication are both major turn ons for me, both of which I don't think I was exposed to much from the men back home. And I just think older appearances in general give off a sense of stability and responsibility, which are also factors I long for in a partner and lack myself. Or maybe I'm just into really good, experienced actors. I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Getting back to the movie, I've been thinking that the story actually doesn't seem so far-fatched. Er... minus all the impeccable fighting techniques (haha). Haven't we all heard one or more conspiracy theories about population control? About how people in power are deriving some sort of plan to completely take over the world, and things like that? I felt a bit paranoid while and after watching. Who knows what motives are behind seemingly philanthropic gestures? The sim card thing sounds very probable to me (though maybe not on such a crazy, beat-each-other-up sort of scale), and very scary too.

Anyway. As my mom jokingly remarked on our way home, "the moral of the story is: beware of free things." ^_^ She also mentioned that the movie reminded her of Brave New World by Huxley, which I haven't read yet. I'm curious now, so I think I'll download it on my Kindle later tonight!

Comments

  1. Never knew you were THIS funny, Saem. Lol.

    Having a ball of a time reading your banterings. Such humour. Haha ...

    Love, Steve

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Karaoke in Korea: Step-By-Step Instructions

Korean/Japanese karaoke is completely different from the karaoke you might be accustomed to. For one thing, it's not done in a bar; it's an individual room you get to yourselves (the group you're with) so the singing is not done in public for everyone to see. It's popular among kids and teenagers as well as adults - so though we Koreans are used to singing sober, I've heard a lot of foreigners say they'd need to be tipsy at least, if they ever wanted to try such a thing. :D And of course, it's something you would never be able to do alone (though I have gone by myself a couple of times LOL). Now, if you can find a Korean who is willing to take you to karaoke, that's awesome. But what if you're with your friends visiting Korea, and you really want to go try, but you don't have anyone to guide you and you can't speak Korean? It would be a complete shame for you not to experience one of the ultimate Korean pastimes before you go! Even if you

Andrea Martin - Breaking Of My Heart (Lyrics)

Here's my story behind this song and its lyrics: I came across this song by total chance (via a remix made in 2013) and I was completely hooked. I hadn't heard of the singer Andrea Martin before, so obviously this song was unfamiliar too. But something about it drew me in and this is all I listened to for the past couple of days. I wanted to know the lyrics and googled it... and I couldn't find anything. There are lyric pages under this song title but it's completely wrong, probably a different song or something. This was a rare occasion in which Google failed me, and I was completely baffled. I'm guessing this song wasn't very well known if the lyrics were this hard to find, but still. Anyway, so for the handful of people in search of the lyrics like me, I've tried transcribing the song myself. Some parts weren't very clear so I just wrote what seemed reasonable, but they can totally be wrong. If anyone could provide the offiical lyrics that woul

Brazilian Wax in Korea at [Beauty Friends Gangnam]

A girl's first bikini wax, let alone Brazilian, can be quite daunting. If you're well aware of the sensations from plucking your eyebrows, or have tried strip waxing on safer areas like the legs or arms, you would surely be intimidated by the mere thought of having that exact sharp and prickly pain brought upon your most intimate area, where the skin is much thinner and super sensitive. That being said, I have no idea what I was thinking when I went for the all-nude Brazilian wax instead of going for standard bikini on my first try. But anyhow, since I've got my first experience out of the way, it doesn't seem like such a big deal.